Wednesday, July 2, 2008


Thankfulness is a very powerful word, but it is not a word we think about very often in this contemporary world of ours. We give thanks for the food we share at our tables or in our circles ~ we give thanks that our children got home safely today ~ we give thanks that we have another day to make a difference in someone's life ~ we give thanks that we love someone or someone loves us ~ we give thanks that the dog didn't chew up any of our shoes today ~ we give thanks that we were spared from the wrath of the most recent natural disaster ~ we give thanks that our crops are doing well in the fields ~ we give thanks that we could get an internet connection today ~ we give thanks that our clothes are not as snug as they were yesterday ~ we give thanks that we gained weight because we ate today ~ we give thanks that we have water....

The list could go on with all of the things we each can give thanks for in our day, but what does it mean to have thankfulness in our life? Thankfulness to me means being filled with gratitude in being a part of a community that cares, and feeling the humility deep within me. And for this I give you all thanks...

I have a question for you. What does thankfulness mean to you?
In peace...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does thankfulness mean to me?

How can one thank someone whose information/referral leads to restoration of health, total rejuvenation?

Thankfulness in this instance, has resulted in a rededication of new energy and spirit to bring Global Humanitarian Relief to the world.

Thankfulness relates to the incredible cooperation being generated by an ever-expanding Network that Works! All across the world...

Burton Danet, Ph.D.
Co-Founder, ABC4All
http://ABC4All.net

PEACEFULTRAVELER said...

I am thankful for the people I meet on my journey.

I enjoyed what Burton had to say about "...a rededication of new enerty and spirit to bring Global Humanitarian Relief to the world...." And I would like to add that: we are responsible to help all species in these relief efforts as well - we must continue to be aware of how interdependent we are with all of life existing here on Earth. What a great Fourth of July 2008 this would be if we realized this, a group "wake up" and dedicated ourselves to the well-being of the planet.

Peace to you, all travelers in spirit, hope and energy. Joanie McClellan, TTMA

BillK said...

Everyone wants joy and peace to be part of their life. Being thankful is just one of the ways to experience this, and it really is a wonderful experience. When you are truly grateful, the world expands to include more to be thankful for. You will start to realize how much you have to be thankful for and more of it will start flowing your way naturally.

To me, thankfulness is not a single event, it is a way of life. When you live in a state of gratitude and put your focus on serving & helping others, you will automatically be given more to be thankful for whether you asked for it or not. It is like the Universe conspires to give you more to be grateful for.

When I wake in the morning, I immediately give gratitude to God for the beautiful day I am about to experience. I look for ways to help others during my day and sure enough, by the end of the day, I have something additional to be thankful for.

Peace and Gratitude,
Bill King
www.idontstink.com